365.days.by.kae

A daily dose (and then some) of us

October 30, 2017 at 05:01PM


As tomorrow is the last day of the month I felt I needed to give one feeble attempt at recognizing Down Syndrome Awareness Month. Because, let's be real, I'm in survival mode. So here's my spiel. What I want others to be aware of about Down syndrome. People, teenagers, wirh Down syndrome are not that different than teenagers without it. This boy is a teenager and, like most teenagers, he has lots of hormones, which means he has lots of emotions (all the emotions). But he has a hard time communicating all these big emotions which leaves him frustrated and angry. And rightly so! Despite this I've never met a person so content in his own skin. He will walk into the bathroom take one look in the mirror and start laughing hysterically (something he is doing as I type this). With everything in his life that could weigh him down he still finds time each day to choose joy. To be truly happy with himself, regardless of what anyone else thinks. Truth be told he can drive me crazy at times. But I can't imagine my life without having had him in it. Truly #lifeisbetterwithyou Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment